Kate Spade Return/Exchange + One-Time Price Adjustment Policy


I can't believe I was back in Toronto Premium Outlets for the third time yesterday, not to shop but to return one bag I bought from Kate Spade. It has a tear/slash near the stitch. You won't be able to spot and notice it unless I squeeze both sides of the bag (as shown in the photo below).

slash on my newly bought Kate Spade Wellesley Byrd in Porcelain

The night before, my SIL called the outlet shop to ask for the Return/Exchange Policy---> we got the bag on sale. Initially, I was only contemplating on exchanging the item for a new one but after the woman on the other line told her that the store can issue a refund, I decided to return the bag.

BTW, I found a fault in another bag and decided to exchange it, read more after the break...


bye Kate Spade Wellesley Byrd in Porcelain

Sayang, I have to give up this Kate Spade Wellesley Byrd in Porcelain. I like its streamlined look. It's classy but the thought of having a slash/tear in the near future in that same area will definitely break my heart. I decided to give it up.

Kate Spade Wellesley Byrd in Porcelain

I approached the girl behind the counter, Lowie, showed her the torn portion and she readily issued a refund for the bag, credited to the AmEx I used. No questions asked.

Kate Spade Newbury Lane Cadene in Cliff Grey
Now, this Kate Spade Newbury Lane Cadene is a different story. As I was shooting it for my blog entry, I saw that one of the handle does not fall right into place like the rest (see left handle). Call me super OC or maarte but this bag ain't cheap, ha?! It better be perfect, di ba? Since we decided to go back, I brought it along with me.

Lo and behold! DH saw that the bag is now being offered with an additional 20% off. We only got it at 10% off on top of the 50% off ; p

Aside from exchanging the item, Lowie issued a one-time price adjustment because we bought the bag within the 7-day period. I think we got at least $18 from the price adjustment, not bad at all!

In general, I like Kate Spade's and Canada's Return/Exchange policy unlike what we have back there in Manila. Remember my post about the newly bought Melissa Memories Rock Princess shoes? I was not able to return nor exchange it. The store won't accept it. I even emailed the company distributing it in the Philippines but got no reply ; ( That's the sad truth.

Anyway, I was not able to shop for clothes the last time we were there because I was so focused on purchasing handbags. It was my last chance and I was able to buy tons from Eddie Bauer and Gap ; p As in, super duper dami na ng pinamili ko, including pasalubong for my family ; ) God knows how I can fit everything inside our luggage ; p

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +
MrsMartinez's Raves and Rants is a lifestyle blog of a 30 something mom who loves food, beauty, shopping, travel and more!